In 2016 we welcomed the Tour de France for four different stages!
Megeve is a perfect spot for getting out your wheels and setting a challenge!
Road cycling is extremely popular in Megeve where two stages of the Tour de France passed through Megeve last year, quite an accolade!
Whether you’re part of a regional road cycling club, a university club or just have lots of friends who are as cycle-mad as you are, we can provide a great base for your group to come and enjoy the area and ride the same routes as the pros.
Here are a few tasters of what you might find hidden in our hills…
- A round trip starting and ending in Megève, taking in views of Mont Blanc from the town of Saint Gervais before traversing the valley floor to access the 2016 Tour de France time-trial route from Sallanches back up to Megève. See the route here.
- The famous Col des Aravis and Col des Colombieres, starting within 10km of our hotels. Both Cols have featured in the Tour regularly. See route here.
- The infamous Col des Saisies featured no less than 11 times on the Tour de France is very rideable from Megeve. See route here.
- The 2015 Critérium du Dauphiné Stage from Ugine to Albertville, 132km of winding climbs and sweeping descents ridden by all the pro teams in June this year; See the route here. Or cycle from Megeve to Albertville and back with fast as you dare descent down the famous Col des Aravis See route here.
- A glorious cycle ride over the Col des Aravis to the historic town of Annecy. A quick plunge in the lake and home for tea! See the route here.
- The full 20th and penultimate Stage of the 2016 Tour, a gruelling 146km from Megève to Morzine, encompassing 4 categorised cols along the way. See the route here!
All very well but you want to race yourself? Why not try the Megeve Cylcosportive race?
This year (2017) it falls on Sunday 4th June. The event is not as busy as some of the larger events such as the Etape du Tour or the Marmotte and usually has around 2500 participants. Line up with fellow cycling enthusiasts of other nationalities. There may be professionals on the front grid aiming for a performance that may secure a future contract, for the rest it is the challenge of riding the some of the most iconic climbs of the Mont Blanc Massif. You can tick off some famous Tour de France Cols such as the Col des Pres 1750m and Col des Saisies 1655m.
There are 3 route options for the The Time Megeve and there are 3 distances. You can decide on the day which one you would like to take, even after you have started! Click here for the event route.
Stanford Skiing can accommodate road cyclists and we have a large garage for bike storage, likewise at our chalet/hotel Sylvana. We have tools on hand for minor repairs and we are always happy to give advice and help where required.
We can offer you great group rates for your time with us in Megève, covering B&B or self-catered accommodation, airport transfers and even drop-offs and pick-ups on your harder cycling days.
Looking for accommodation? Let us help...
Take a look at our chalet Sylvana that we run as a B&B during the Summer months.
Welcoming, cosy and friendly, this chalet is a great choice for families - close to town, but also 2 minutes from the Rochebrune cable car that takes you up into the mountains.
Why not consider our B&B Hotel Rond Point? Ideally located close to all that Megeve town centre has to offer, including bars, cafe's and fantastic restaurants, the Rond Point is pefect for getting on your bike and exploring this stunning Alpine resort.